pub-2627624824858477 love a little: Crazy!!

Lilla Rose

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Crazy!!

It has been a crazy past few weeks. Between adoption and just our normal life activities, we have been crazy busy.  So, here is all goes.....

We received a grant to cover almost half of our remaining cost of the adoption. (read the previous post ;) 

Then on the Monday of Thanksgiving, we received another grant...which left us with only $2,000 more to be fully funded....yup, you read that correctly, at the beginning of November we needed over $15,000 and with in one month we now only need $2,000.  Like I said, crazy.

Then Thanksgiving morning me and my daughter did our annual family fun (well, my husband may label that differently), we ran the Thoroughbred Classic 5K.  It took us 45 mins, but not bad since I have kinda forgot about working out these past few months.  My daughter LOVED it.  We came home and had a wonderful relaxing time just hanging out as a family, then we went to Cracker Barrel.  Let me just tell you, having Thanksgiving at CB is the BOMB!!  I get to have what I want, and I dont have to clean up afterwards.


We then came home and started to pack for the weekend of fun, we were on our way to the Mid-American Oireachtas in Grand Rapids, Michigan. My daughter was apart of the school first under 10 Celi team.  I was so proud of all of them, they did an amazing job and they worked VERY hard.  My daughter even had a chance to preform a traditional set, and received a call back.  I am so very proud of my little girl, she as worked so hard, and only a few years ago she was not big on being on a stage (like even singing in a children's choir at church). 


For the last week we have been preparing ourselves to receive our travel approval next week, in hopes to travel next weekend. Well, we received a call Monday morning form our social worker, we have TA!!! not only that, we may have the chance to travel this weekend.  Quickly our joy changed to frustration, we were informed that because of stupid things, completely out of our control and apparently is the definition of our adoption - delay, we have no chance of traveling this weekend.  While there are pluses in this, the negative..the plane tickets are coming up $1,000 more then I budgeted.  Our only hope, that the tickets go down for the last minute buyers, much like they are this week for this weekend.


We are coming so close to travel, I cant believe this, in TWO weeks we will have Johanna with us.  We will go from a family of 4 to a family of 5...in only 2 short weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouragement and comments. ALL comments must be approved before it will show on the blog. (if your comment includes an email, it will not be posted)