Well,
the recommended pizza joint got misplaced. After searching for about
40 minutes (on foot) we ended up asking the local police men where the
pizza parlor was. They sent us to what turned out to be Papa John's Pizza
in the mall. Wanting to try the local cuisine we went to Family
Chinese Restaurant. That pretty much turned out to be a bust. They
didn't have much of anything the kids would eat. They only had ONE hot
dog,which as soon as we cut it, S dropped her half on the floor.
What ever I ordered basically consisted of duck skin and bones in Chili
Sauce. Then we were charged for an extra meal. We were very very
disappointed.
To ensure the evening wasn't a total loss we stopped in a
Dairy Queen on the way back to the hotel. About the time we finished
ordering Shakes, J told me she had to go. "Heather",
"she has to go", I say. Her response was "what do you want me to do
about it"? Isn't it obvious I wanted her to take J to the
bathroom? Well, being the awesome Dad that I am, I picked up J,
ran down the halls following the very very misleading restroom signs
only to find out that R was trailing me. She pointed out that she
had to go too. BONUS!
Today is my lucky day. So, we finally find the
dumb place and I send R off into the womens and I take J into
the mens. I find an open stall and walk in only to find out it's a
'squatty', BONUS II !
So, J does her business while I hold her
up, hoping she doesn't fall into the hole in the middle of the floor.
Mission accomplished! I get J's hands washed and we walk out.
R was standing on the outside of the mens room and I asked her if
everything was alright. She says, "NO DADDY, IT'S A SQUATTY, I NEED
HELP" BONUS III !
So now I am in a 1' x 2' cubical trying to hold R
up so she can do her business while balancing Johanna on one knee only
to find out that we are now going #2. Bonus IV !
So now I find myself
holding, balancing and digging thru the back pack trying to find 'the
wipes'. THIS IS NOT A MANS JOB! LISTEN, WE MEN DON'T MIND GETTING
DIRTY, THAT'S WHAT WE DO. HOWEVER ALL THIS BALANCING, HOLDING, DIGGING,
WIPING STUFF WE ARE NOT DESIGNED FOR.
fyi. The kids lived, I never want
to talk to Heather again. We make it back as she asks if "everything
is okay"? Instead of telling her how I really feel, I sit down and
drink my now melted Blizzard...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your encouragement and comments. ALL comments must be approved before it will show on the blog. (if your comment includes an email, it will not be posted)