pub-2627624824858477 love a little: Progress

Lilla Rose

Monday, June 24, 2013

Progress

Just a little update.  Our documents are currently being authenticated and will be making their way to Texas soon.  After this our dossier will be on their way to country.  We have also reached goals financially.  If you notice, out thermometer on the left shows we have raised and saved over 50% of the adoption cost.  Our tax return was very helpful in this part.  This has been a long and hard road, because we our child and money because of politics we almost had to start from scratch.  Also, on the new front, we are hoping to commit to a second little girl in the next month.  We have found that bring home two little ones is more economical then going back for a second one, so we have decided to pursue a second.  Our hope is to find a little one in the same providence as Johanna, this would save on travel and time in country.  I know God will show us our daughter when the time is right.  As for now, we are working to cover the costs of a second child.  If you click on SimpleRegistry (to the left), you will see the cost is small compared to a full adoption.  I know many have prayed, shared, and/or given, thank you.  I know we could not have reached this point without all the support we have had through all this. We have been on a roller coaster ride this entire 14 months.  I know with our the prayer, we could not have made it this far and would have given up a long time ago. Adoption is an amazing journey, but not let anyone candy coat it...it is a hard journey and not for the weak or faint of heart. God has been our stronghold this entire time, and while I have had my moments of weakness, I know that He will always be there.  I will keep everyone up to date when I found out our documents are on their way to country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouragement and comments. ALL comments must be approved before it will show on the blog. (if your comment includes an email, it will not be posted)