I have written this blog post a multiple of times..changing things...added things...not sure on what to say...if I was saying it correctly.
It just pains me that I even have to write this. Why are older children looked at in a different way? Why are children with dwarfism in other countries looked at as unadoptable, or uneducatable? Why do they see these children as delayed or dont send them to school while they are in the orphange? It truely breaks my heart. Our daughter sat on a list for 8 months before we saw her picture. I am still amazed that she was not snatched up as soon as she was put on it. She is a healthy child, she is super smart and sharp as a tac. She is equal to her sister who is only a few months older then her.
Did you know that child, when they turn 14, are no longer able to be adopted from China? Wow...to know that on your 14th birthday..if you do not have a forever family, you will not never get one. That just breaks my heart to know that so many children, every day are passed by just because they are older then 5. Had we focused on what we wanted, we would not have our third daughter today. I am so glad that we folled what God wanted.
There is a young man who waits on the other side of the world. He will age out very soon and needs a family. The only things is, he has dwarfism...to me, a totally easy need when it comes to all those special needs. Maybe he needs a step to brush his teeth, but really...it that a reason not to concerder him? Please consider an older child.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your encouragement and comments. ALL comments must be approved before it will show on the blog. (if your comment includes an email, it will not be posted)