pub-2627624824858477 love a little: Obviously a girl

Lilla Rose

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Obviously a girl

I have heard miss information in the last few months since starting our new adoption, so I did some research and I wanted to share.

When someone heard we where adopting a girl our country, their first statement out of their mouth was "because they only wants boys".  This is so far from the truth I felt the need to write this.

Here is the reality, there are many (and I mean many) boys that are available for adoption from country.  The reality is, a child who have special needs require care specific to that child's needs, care that if available is expensive. Care is not cheaper if it is a boy.  If a family has a second child and they are a boy or girl, the fines that the country requires to be paid is just to much for a family.  Yes, the country requires a family to pay a fine for a second child, regardless if they are boy or girl. There was a great post written about this on the Love Without Boundaries blog. I would encourage everyone to read this. This country does not look at adoption as we do her in America.  They only adopt family members, and they prefer to adopt girls because the fear the boy will just leave.

So, the next time you hear someone is adopting a little girl, dont assume it is because of the "one-child" policy.  On the other side, if you have thought about adoption and wanted to adopt a son, please go to Wonderful Waiting Kids (registration is easy and free) and see all the handsome little gentlemen who need a father to help them grow up to be amazing men. If you have a heart for special needs children, go to Reece's Rainbow, and check out some adorable little (and big) boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouragement and comments. ALL comments must be approved before it will show on the blog. (if your comment includes an email, it will not be posted)